Pushfit coupling 3/4" copper to 22mm copper?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to alter a pipe to utility room sink hot supply that comes up from under the concrete floor of a 1950s extension. The old pipe measures 21.45mm so I assume to be old 3/4"? I need to connect in a very tight hole I've made in the concrete floor and know it will be really hard to stop the water flow from dribbling even when drained down so a solder fitting is not an option.

Hard to get spanners in for a compression fitting so I found online Hepworths do a plastic pushfit for this job. Seems to claim a 50yr design life.

Anyone used these or anything similar?

Sponsored Links
I have not seen a plastic conversion coupler before.

However, I would always use a soldered connection!

Leaving a system drained with all taps open will usually end all the drips after about 1/2 hour.

If its a loft tank then a little water needs to be removed with a bucket to ensure the level remains below the outlet.

Tony

Thanks Tony. Appreciate soldered is best. I'll probably get both a solder and compression fitting. If the dribbles stop I can solder but if I've waited ages and it keeps going I'll have to get the compression fitting on despite the tight spanner access.

Sponsored Links
Stand some bricks or a bucket half filled with water in the tank as you are draining it. When the flow has slowed to a drip, remove the bricks / bucket, so the water level drops below the outlet.

Do the draining thing as suggested ;) then stuff some white bread up the pipe - that`ll keep it dry as a bone to solder a yorkshire adapter on - then flush out the bread through the tap :idea:

Do the draining thing as suggested ;) then stuff some white bread up the pipe - that`ll keep it dry as a bone to solder a yorkshire adapter on - then flush out the bread through the tap :idea:
This is a brilliant way to do it. Ive done it many times. The bread plug swells up and gives you enough time to solder the joint, even when toasting. Try and keep an open end upstream and downstream otherwise steam could possibly blow through.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back