Pushfit pipe removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Having a nightmare time with this bathoorm install. Bought a flexi push fit 22mm pipe for the hot bath tap, fittied it and it's leeking so need to get it off. Went and bought the removal tool from screwfix and a replacememnt flexi pipe, only to find that I can't use the tool to get the leeking pipe off as there's very little clearnence between the bottom of the flexi pipe and the main hot water feed, so can't fit the removal tool.

I can't cut the pipework because there's only about and inch and a half and that's not enough to put the new flexipipe on if I cut it down.

Anyone know how else I can remove this leeking POS?

Cheers,
Ex.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Doubt you will be able too.....sugest you cut the pipe lower down and use a flexible tap connector.....22mm to 3/4. Not the bendy copper ones you have used.

Which end is it leaking from.

Rico

Bottom bit. Water's off at the mo so it's not obvious.

powell30: How do you mean? There's only a bit of pipe I can use and it's got that ring bit in the way. That is a flexi tap connector on there and I've got another one on standby. Not sure what you mean by bendy copper?

How confident are with soldering.

If you can do it, the only solution I can suggest, seeing as the copper pipe is soldering fitting, is heat up the copper fitting where the ridge is while gently wobbling from side to side, it should then separate, insert new piece of copper pipe and fit your new flexi pipe.

IMHO you would be better of using JG speed fit felxipipe as they are so much easier to fit and remove as oppsoed to the copper push fit you have used here.

Rico

Yes, I think my initial problem was buying it from B&Q, but we needed it in a hurry and so that's what we got... :( Doesn't pay, does it? Tut.

I now have this: http://tinyurl.com/6hw277 Which I'm assuming will be better?

So, you're saying remove the T and put a new one in? I was thiniing of that. I'm not confident with soldering (unless it's a PS2!) and don't have the proper tools to do it. I've got a pipe cutter though. Would it be OK to, for example, cut the T out and replace with a compression T? The main hot pipe looks a little iffy though, that's my concern.

Yes that new tap connector is the one I was talking about and is much better.

No you don't have to take the whole tee out.

Just below the brass nut of the current tap connector is a ridge. This contained the solder when the fitting was new.

If you can heat that up the copper pipe stuck in the top will eventually come out when the solder melts. Fit a new pce of copper pipe and solder in.

Rico

Right, I see what you're saying. Problem there is that I don't have any 22mm pipe. Loads of 15mm, but no 22mm! And I'd have to by a whole length for, what, 3"?

And, if I were to try heating it up and twiddling it, I'd need what to do it? I'm assuming a blow torch of some kind? Don't have one of those either. I'm doing this myself and I'm not a plumber. ;) Which can clearly be seen by anyone! Lol!

There's got to be be away to get it off and fit the mew one without buying a length of pipe, surely?

OK, I've managed to get hold of a piece of 22mm pipe. Now I just need to get the old bit off. I don't have a blow torch or anything, so is there anyway, other than cutting it off (can I do that on such a small piece of pipe?) to get the old bit off so I can attach the new bit, preferably with compression parts?

The water's been off since yesterday AM and I really need to get this fixed today, so any help would be appreciated. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back