Put water drainage into polished concrete garage floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I've got a polished concrete garage floor and I'm getting board of sweeping water out after storing the car. Is there a simple way to add some drainage so it runs out rather than pools? Thanks ;)

Sponsored Links
What might work, depending on the ground layout under it, is to drill holes in the concrete through to allow to escape from the lowest points. Other than that, use a concrete disc cutter, to cut channels leading outside. What I often do when I park the car wet in the garage, is leave the roller shutter front door open by a few inches, plus the 'people door' at the rear - the roller door faces into the prevailing wind, so lots of through air flow and it quickly dries floor and car.

Seems a shame to bugger a polished floor?
People used to park over an old bit of carpet to catch water that would slowly dry.

another option might be wall to wall anti fatigue flooring that allows water to get through while presenting a dry top?

Nice, some great suggestion chaps. Appreciated and I’ll try them out

Sponsored Links
Our office garage floor had a series of shallow channel cut in it all converging on the drain . It was also well ventilated so no build up of water even with 15+ cars parked .

Just get some old carpet, once it's really knackered then throw it out and get some more.
Offcut size so should not cost a lot, if not free from the recycling sites.

Just get some old carpet, once it's really knackered then throw it out and get some more.
Offcut size so should not cost a lot, if not free from the recycling sites.

thanks, that’s what I’ll do

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back