Putting acrows on staircase?

Hpd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, looking for some advice.

I’m wanting to put a new window in the landing upstairs, the house is currently hacked off outside. I’m needing to fit lintels and my query is that the acrow props will need to be stood on the staircase... or on scaffolding planks resting on the staircase perhaps. Will this be okay or is there a better way?

Sponsored Links
I think there's some temporary bridge thing you can use to hold the brickwork up. But anyway,a lot depends if it's solid or cavity wall. Cavity wall you have two skins to hold up. I'm not a builder

Sponsored Links
Yes.

You could potentially prop the stair flight.

Or, on the basis that the wall is sound, a prop may not be required or loading to the stairs is less than a fat bloke walking up them.

Can you get under the staircase? If yes then you can prop the stairs from below (with spreaders if you're on timber floors) then set your wall props directly above the stair props.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back