Putting block paving back ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I get this block paving back into position? It seems to have been pushed out of the edge as well. Not driving on it just walking so need a cheap fix
20200703_131255.jpg
Screenshot_20200703-193124_Gallery.jpg

Sponsored Links
Take out the damaged area, reseat the edging in cement, remove the (probably) sand under the red blocks, lay a new bed of sand, relay blocks and tamp level. Easy job.

Take out the damaged area, reseat the edging in cement, remove the (probably) sand under the red blocks, lay a new bed of sand, relay blocks and tamp level. Easy job.

Meatloaf springs to mind. ;)

Thanks. Replace the sand with the really fine sand they use on block paving (not builders sand) then hammer down with sledge hammer with towel wrapped around it to not shatter blocks I guess. I guess couple of hours work

Sponsored Links
Have read here it contains a wealth of information.
Yeah a lot on that site lol.

What sand would you use under the blocks after I've removed the old sand? I guess the mortar for edging stones needs to be only slightly damp

I'll get a rubber mallet

Thanks. Replace the sand with the really fine sand they use on block paving (not builders sand) then hammer down with sledge hammer with towel wrapped around it to not shatter blocks I guess. I guess couple of hours work

Such professionalism.

I know this is probably an attempt at levity, (I hope it is!), but there are some people who would probably do something like this if they didn't have the correct tools.

Yeah a lot on that site lol.

What sand would you use under the blocks after I've removed the old sand? I guess the mortar for edging stones needs to be only slightly damp

I'll get a rubber mallet

Read the info on the link!! Oh and don't hit the blocks with a sledgehammer FFS.

Read the info on the link!! Oh and don't hit the blocks with a sledgehammer FFS.
Haha

I read some of it . The place has too many links though . Good info on there however.

Go On Keital, how much have you quoted the customer?

Andy
A cup of tea and piece of cake.

All I want to do is give pleasure to an old lady when she looks out of her window at her drive.

That needs relaying by someone competent who can achieve an invisible repair. It's quite hard to judge how much the sharp sand will compress to get the blocks at the same level - might be better to bed on some semi-dry sharp sand and cement, especially as I presume you don't have a whacker. To stop it happening again it needs restraining with a suitable edging.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back