Putting cat flap into PVC door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it easy and are there any dangers? Is guess drill in then make as accurate as u can cut with a jigsaw?

Sponsored Links
In the blank panel you mean? Easy - but don't make the hole too small as its difficult to enlarge by a few mm if you have to.

In the blank panel you mean? Easy - but don't make the hole too small as its difficult to enlarge by a few mm if you have to.

So try to cut it it slightly less than what's needed. Do you just drill a home through pvc then put jig saw blade in while following pencil mark for cut?

How much would a handyman charge to do it? They charge £180 from professional company.

Just cut it the right size, drill a hole and use a jigsaw. Just be wary that the blade can sometimes bend a bit meaning the opposite side to the one you're on can be a bit off if you're not careful. I'm sure someone with even limited diy skills could tackle it. £180 is nuts.

Sponsored Links
Just cut it the right size, drill a hole and use a jigsaw. Just be wary that the blade can sometimes bend a bit meaning the opposite side to the one you're on can be a bit off if you're not careful. I'm sure someone with even limited diy skills could tackle it. £180 is nuts.

If u are a few Mil too big have u ruined the door? Is there some tolerance within the cat flap?

They normally come with a template and are pretty straight forward.
My only tip would be to be sure you dont start too low on the door panel! Hold the catflap in place and make sure your starting high enough to not foul on the door sash.

I normally charge around £50 if its a local job, You could ask a few local double glazing company's if your worried.

I stuck the template to the door, drilled a hole then cut with a pad saw. It cuts very easily.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back