putting in another rad

PWR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to add a radiator to my system. Looking at other posts I think I have a 1 pipe system (combi) all inputs Therm valve sides connected to one pipe (flow) and other side to another (return)? does this sound right.Can I just 't' off from these pipes, through floor through 4" wall to new rad. I will put a 22mm copper tube in hole first for 15mm to sit through. Obviously drain down first.Just really appreciate a nod from the experts here.

Sponsored Links
I was just wondering what surface the new radiator will be attached to, and how big (and heavy) it is. I find brackets tricky, as they have to be within millimeters of the right place, and the holes are sometimes too small for the type of fixing I want to use, so I have to drill them out.

Sponsored Links
Solid wall (concrete) its a small 450mm rad that's coming out of the hall and going into the kitchen. I connected up the valves onto the rad fitted it to wall first, and with a small 15mm copper bend to give me a mark where to drill. It all lines up fine, just need to join it up.

You plan and method is totally correct - you sound more than capable of getting this done right, and we look forward to not hearing from you ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back