PVC door frame /door bent/draught

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I notice that up near the top of my door there is a gap between the door and the frame, slight breeze getting in. I can slide a €2 coin easily into the gap. Any ideas on what I could do here? I should also mention that at the top and middle of the door the seal is fine. It's just the 3/4 mark thats bogey
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The top picture shows 2 frame keeps, 1 for a roller cam and the lower one for a hook, if you look at the roller cam on the door you should see it has a small hex hole in the middle, put an allen key into this, you should also note that there is a dot or a line on the said cam, turn the allen key till the dot or line is facing outermost.............then try the door to see if the gap has closed up

So I tried that advice and it worked, but just not enough. There is still a couple of mm of a gap, even though the rollers are adjusted. Should I take off the thing the roller fits into and screw it in back closer to where the door closes?

Sponsored Links
That's really all that's left, I would imagine from that your gasket has flattened enough to leave a gap.

Make sure the roller is going far enough down, some are fitted with the roller only catching by a 1/4", moving it up or down depending which way the roller moves may give you a bit more compression but if not then you'll need to move the keep in a couple off mm then fine adjust it with the roller cam and Allen key

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back