PVC rear 'stable' door - handle/lock replacement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My rear door is a PVC 'stable' door type. The window at the top is fitted with a handle and built-in lock which has no key!

I'm tempted to drill out the lock or would it be better if I simply replaced the handle ? Trouble is that I can't see how I would detach it without opening it first, which I can't do due to the missing key .............. catch 22 !

Here's a picture of it:

door1.jpg

Not sure either whose the 'logo' is above the handle, any ideas please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Many thanks. :D

The handle is only on the upper window, the handle on the door itself is more sturdy. :)

Sponsored Links
Its a Hoppe handle, and the cover under the handle twists to expose the screws.

Only just got around to looking at this again - you say that the cover under the handle twists to expose the screws - well, mine lifts a bit and twists a few millemetres in each direction, but that's about it, ie not nearly enough to expose the screws!

Are there any 'secrets' to getting it to twist properly?

Seeing as I've lost the key the handle is locked - could that be preventing it from twisting? If so then I have a problem.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back