pvc sash window

M

marsaday

We are thinking about replacing our front bay windows with sliding sash pvc ones. Will i need to have trickle vents fitted or can i leave these out?

I can get these windows at manufactured cost and so they are great value. We have had the kitchen done and it is so much warmer in there, plus no draughts.

going into the lounge and front bedroom is very cold compared to the rest of the house.

Sponsored Links
any idea on whether i need to have triclkle vents fitted to new windows ?

I may be wrong but if the windows are there already and your just replacing exsisting then they do not require trickle vents UNLESS but if the exsisting windows have them then your replacement will need them too.

Its on new builds that windows always need trickle vents as there was no windows there previously

this is what i thought, and i dont have TV on the current windows.

can anyone confirm?

Sponsored Links
spoke to BC today in person. He will let me off with a trickle vent on the one window which technically needs it.

he was happy so long as there is an extractor fan in the bathroom - which there will be of course.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back