Pyronix alarm siren bell box battery replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have an issue with my alarm - see pics

seems like the battery on the sensor has gone / is low

Is this an easy job to do?

I didn’t have the alarm installed myself But have for In Touch with previous owner who’s advised alarm company number. They said £120 to change the battery and “re program the panel”

but if it’s easy to do id rather do myself if not such a big job. Not keen on getting on a ladder but at times like this every penny counts

apologies don’t know model of alarm
Can go into settings and possible check if anyone knows how to? It’s around 8 years old. Pyronix

Ps I have my alarm entry 4 digit code
But also the “engineers code too”

Attachments

• EE0F1657-C78C-4B31-A3D4-AB8C3DFFF0E9.png
    EE0F1657-C78C-4B31-A3D4-AB8C3DFFF0E9.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 882
  • DCA82659-0A5D-438E-A352-A7D4F10787E3.png
    DCA82659-0A5D-438E-A352-A7D4F10787E3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 991
Sponsored Links
Go up ladder open bellbox see what battery it is ....round or two flat ones , order new batteries , replace ...

So there is no need to “re program the panel”
After changing battery?
Is the alarm company talking nonsense?

also - before changing - do I need to enter engineer mode? As it’s tamper proof ....

I know when I touched the internal pir sensor once when decorating, it went off. And I had to go in engineer mode and press some stuff the alarm company helped me over the phone luckily

If the alarm is working fine, no need to program anything new do it yourself.

The bell will sound either way in engineers mode or not if you enter engineers mode first you won’t have to reset the tamper fault that it creates once you’re done

Sponsored Links
Ok so I’ll put in engineers code first as I’m not so familiar with the tamper stuff

1. do I need to select any particular option before going up?

then I’ll check the battery order from eBay - - Amazon, close box And wait for it to arrive

then have to go back up!

a shame I don’t know which battery as I dotn fancy going up there twice :D

2. is there any trick to opening bell box btw? Just a flap? Screw?
Attached is a pic of bell box. Not my exact one - but similar

Attachments

• 7B00C001-D7AC-4E8C-BF48-6501B4853D5F.png
    7B00C001-D7AC-4E8C-BF48-6501B4853D5F.png
    697.1 KB · Views: 581
Just leave it in the engineers menu is fine.

It is a toss up between the two versions of batteries older models usually have the cylinder one and newer ones come with the two squares standard.

take a small flat head screwdriver up and a large Phillips (any crosshead would do) use small flat head to prize the flap open central bottom of the bell box it’s hinged downwards so screwdriver in the top. Reveals the screw. Undo that enough to lift the lid up, the bell will siren and just depress the micro switch at your earliest opportunity to shut it up

depends on its age as to which batteries.

as for reprograming the panel there should be no need if it was the existing alarm company that was coming out.
although it would be proper to have the system fully serviced. I suspect it hasnt been serviced since you have been in the property.

Just leave it in the engineers menu is fine.

It is a toss up between the two versions of batteries older models usually have the cylinder one and newer ones come with the two squares standard.

take a small flat head screwdriver up and a large Phillips (any crosshead would do) use small flat head to prize the flap open central bottom of the bell box it’s hinged downwards so screwdriver in the top. Reveals the screw. Undo that enough to lift the lid up, the bell will siren and just depress the micro switch at your earliest opportunity to shut it up

Hey thanks sorry but what do you mean “depress” micro switch? Is this on the bell box itself?

depends on its age as to which batteries.

as for reprograming the panel there should be no need if it was the existing alarm company that was coming out.
although it would be proper to have the system fully serviced. I suspect it hasnt been serviced since you have been in the property.

no it hasn’t sadly. But if I can do something myself I’d obv rather do this as it’s tough times atm financially

Service on this system ....change all the batteries, do a battery load test from engineer menu for main battery , check battery and signal levels from engineer mode , walk test all devices from engineering ( it will remove each one as tested) ....set and test each device ....DIY ...

Service on this system ....change all the batteries, do a battery load test from engineer menu for main battery , check battery and signal levels from engineer mode , walk test all devices from engineering ( it will remove each one as tested) ....set and test each device ....DIY ...

Don’t understand any of this lol so I can see why a professional service may be needed!!!

Does any one know the rough cost of the bAttery ??

cylinder one and newer ones come with the two squares standard.

it would be good to know roughly please..

This is what you’ll be presented with, tamper micro switch is the flat blades switch bottom left once you take the lid off press that back down and it’ll stop the siren.
Batteries: cylinder p/n CR34615D
Flat square p/n CP405050-p2
Give them a google roughly about £20
730CB28A-03B6-428A-B12E-4D3C1560CF92.jpeg

This is what you’ll be presented with, tamper micro switch is the flat blades switch bottom left once you take the lid off press that back down and it’ll stop the siren.
Batteries: cylinder p/n CR34615D
Flat square p/n CP405050-p2
Give them a google roughly about £20View attachment 204777

Thanks so much for the pic!!

I got a ladder we opened the flap

and pic battery is attached - same as yours :)

I went into engineer mode before taking it out (not sure if I needed to?)

did hold the tamper switch when opened flap

put battery back after taking pic- In case it loses memory?

once it’s ordered and delivered - will get back up there :)

Attachments

• FCE115EB-58F6-4051-8D20-3A0E25575A70.jpeg
    FCE115EB-58F6-4051-8D20-3A0E25575A70.jpeg
    240.5 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back