Pyronix DeltaBell wiring help to Honeywell Accenta panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone,
So I have a new Honeywell Accenta alarm control box and 2 bell boxes, One is a Pyronix Deltabell and the other is the standard Honeywell box.
My problem is how to wire both boxes together, I will be honest I have spent ages trying to work it out but to no avail:mad:, so I'm in need of some expert advice.

I have attached some photos of the manuals.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20180108_181950.jpg
    20180108_181950.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 1,504
  • 20180108_182013.jpg
    20180108_182013.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 1,192
  • 20180108_182050.jpg
    20180108_182050.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 1,143
Sponsored Links
okay have you been able to get both boxes to work independently?

Is the total power consumed when both bell boxes in alarm under 1A?

powering up bell and strobe triggers should be straight forward, its the tamper that is the difficult bit and I believe Breezer has a diagram in the alarm stickys section which may help you.

2nd posting the manuals can be useful, but as we are not checking the manuals to determine if your bells will work, you need to provide photos of the panel bell wiring and both bell boxes.

Might be easier for you to look at this with cable locally at Ground level with the bell boxes until you get it right?

Last edited:
upload_2018-1-10_0-0-5.png

I think that's just about right, but to be honest not 100% certain, don't use the different bellbox's if I can help it, keep it simple.

Hello secureiam.
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the tube to reply to my message.
So firstly no I haven't had both bell boxes working. Only the Honeywell as it was easy to wire.(Just follow the book) :) so haven't tested the current draw.
As soon as I opened the bell boxes I realised I made a mistake by mixing them. If you think it's better I will just buy another deltabell plus.
It's my first alarm I have installed so I thought I would set it up and configure it on my living room floor. I'm so glad I did as i would be stuck up a ladder at this point doing a lot of head scratching.
Thank you for the drawing. I will try it when I get home and let you know.
:)

Sponsored Links
you can have a go first surely now they are on the bench so to speak.

firstly wire up the delta bell, given your experience, lets start with getting each unit working on there own first. to be fair its only the tamper loop we are looking at, thstas they complicated bit the rest should be all direct as you can see from the diagram I hope.

Omg. It's all working.
So i set up the deltabox to work on it's own. I had to link the top T terminal to 12v- and the tamper fault went away.
After testing it to be sure it's working I followed the drawing you sent and it works perfectly with both boxes.
I am so so happy.
Thank you very much in would never of been able to do it.
I also checked the current when both boxes are in alarm and it's around 0.5A
:)

Hi guys just been reading your posts. I have currently just bought a accenta gen 4 panel and a pyronix Delta bell plus siren I am looking at the connections and the drawing which you provided is this the correct wiring to connect the siren to the panel?

In the pyronix it does show a link between -12v and T (top one) I'm guessing this would work correctly

Hopefully get a reply

Regards

I'm guessing the wiring will be the same for just the one deltabell siren then minus the link ?

Or am I wrong ?

I have the same layout on my deltabell and Honeywell as in the pic do you know the wiring ?

Thank you

Hi Ryan, I think you should at least try yourself, mainly as the delta bell has the wiring options in the manual and shouldn't be difficult to follow for one siren.

this may seem a little rude, so apologies if it does, but I get the feeling something is stopping you from trying.

If your in doubt, why not try it on a piece or alarm cable in the property, rather than wire it up a ladder once your happy you can go ahead and put it on the wall.

Nothing worse than up and down ladders especially if its a little cold and windy

Hi SecureIam
Thanks for posting the diagram....I have purchased 2 Deltabell boxes (e plus) and would like to connect them to my Accenta/Optima 3 panel (replacing my old pair of SABs). Do I need to use a relay to connect the 2nd box? or can advise on the connections I need to make based on the diagram above? I intend to connect and test boxes connected to the panel before installing on the external walls

thanks in advance

Dave s

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back