Pyronix Deltabell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any installers/servicers familiar with the Pyronix Deltabell?

I am thinking about getting a non dummy ie working backlit siren with comfort leds as above and installing it on a mains cable (don't know if it comes with adapter or if i need to purchase separately?) But im not planning on installing it with anything else, no sensors or control panel at this stage.

So basically using it as a mains operated dummy (because i can't be bothered to change batteries) and also with the potential to use as a fully working alarm if I decide to add extra parts in future to covert to a fully working alarm system.

Also is there a way to hardware silence this siren to prevent any possible false alarm either by placing a jumper or by unplugging the sounder from the motherboard? But leaving the backlight and comfort leds connected and on?

Is this possible? Ie have it plugged in and siren backlit and comfort leds working on mains with no control panel? I like the look of this siren or the Texecom Odyssey X3, but would consider other backlit with comfort led sirens if anyone has any better thoughts? TIA

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Either the delta bell plus ....just apply 12v supply , unplug the sounder and leave the battery jumper off , same with the Texecom sounder disconnect the sounder wires ....

Great so as soon as you apply 12v power the comfort leds and back light starts working? It doesn't need a control panel present at all? That's perfect, many thanks!!

Yes ....deltabell is daylight controlled ....Texecom isn’t ...but you probably won’t notice till it’s dark

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I think Ive settled on the texacom because I slightly prefer the look.

I'm assuming it normally gets its power from a wired connection to a control panel? Im wondering if you can recommend a suitable power adapter that can plug into a 3 pin plug in the loft and power it directly?

Cheers

Thanks, hope its not a silly question im looking at the wiring diagram for the siren and its not completely clear to me, does it get power via 2 core cable or from a plug in jack socket? I want to be sure I order the right PSU for it, cheers

You just either cut the end off the dc psu or buy a female dc connector with screw terminals ...

Thanks youve been really helpful, just checking i have this right: if I do have to cut the jack off is the positive the wire with the white on the outer? And it should go to +12V? And I take it the cable thats just plain black should be wired to 0v? Just want to make sure I don't fry the new siren lol. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back