Pyronix Enforcer v10 with Taxecomm Oddesey bellbox? Alarm systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Thank you for your time. We're moving into a new home in 2-3 months time and wondering the best way to secure it as we are strangers to the area. We had a burglary at our current house but at the time, we had no alarm system or insurance.

Can I ask if it is possible to wire a texecom odyssey x3 (with lightbox) with a Pyronix Enforcer v10? I believe there is a max current limit the v10 supports for the bell.

I would ask the installers to use the normal Deltabell X with lightbox but I'm worried if I have two of the same bell boxes front and back, somebody may find what kind of system I have. I also think the Deltabell-WE which I currently have is very quiet.

Would it be possible to have an internal siren also in addition to the main boxes as I find the internal siren of the alarm panel is also very quiet?

Thanks,
SomethingSomething

Sponsored Links
Well if it’s a new install it will be a version 11 …..which does support the plug in wireless sounder…..yes the texecom one will be ok

Hi Sparky, thank you for your message, we will be taking our existing v10 wireless to the new property. Would it support the oddesey light box version on at nighttime with backlit light?

Sponsored Links
depends on how you use it.

Enforcer will tell you in manual what it can support.

The texecom manual it will tell you the power it uses on its various modes.

Of top of my head the mmm mmm it won’t won’t support it in full alarm on full volume ie SAB mode with back light.

Thanks all, Deltabell X it is then! I believe the wired should be somewhat louder than my current bellbox, as it will be have two piezos. Really appreciate your help for free and so promptly. Is it reccomended to have the alarm installer's logo on the box or should I say to leave it blank?

Or use it in low current mode …..

Attachments

• 93ECD858-9B3C-4DEB-A6D4-119D570499D7.png
    93ECD858-9B3C-4DEB-A6D4-119D570499D7.png
    345.5 KB · Views: 61
Thanks Sparky! if only I could have two deltabell x's wired to the enforcer v10.... one can dream......

Hi All, sorry to reactivate this - can I ask whether it is adviseable for the second deltabell (wireless) to be powered so I don't have to change the batteries so often? (flat roof on the end of the new property so may be risky to access). We would ask the installer to hardwire both bells, one deltabell x and another wireless, if possible.

Wondering how the second wireless bell would be connected to the system or would we connect it to external power and keep the siren wireless. Would an alarm company do this (based in West Mids) and roughly how much would they charge to move the current system to a new property (or I could remove it myself) and have them hardwire both bells?

Also thinking of having an external PIR in the garden but maybe CCTV might be a better option there, any suggestions welcome.

PS. We have the engineer codes for the alarm system.

Thank you all,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back