Pyronix Dome Camera Help with WiFi connection !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have connected the camera successfully using the SADP tool and activated it. The camera seems to be working ok with the Ethernet cable attached.

The problem is that i cannot seem to get the camera to connect to the wifi. My router does not have a WPS button. I have also tried connecting via the ProControl+ app using the QR code option but the camera doesn't seem to pick it up.

I have access to the configuration page which uses the same IP address as the camera. Can I connect wireless to my router by changing the config in the WLan section of the config?

I'm assuming that in the instructions when it mentions the 'Guarding vision app' that the ProControl+ app has superseded this ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
As ever thanks for the reply Sparky. The model number is DOME-CAM/2.8. It has two leads. 1off 12v and 1off Network (Ethernet female). I dont have the cam or box with me at the moment

I believe its this one picture but it only has one ring of LED's
Capture.JPG

Sponsored Links
Just asking as pyronix had their own cameras before hikvision took over , that don’t work on the new app

Thanks a lot, i'll be able to get more details when i get home.

Sorry Sparky but forgot to mention i can view the camera in the ProControl+ App but only when the Ethernet cable is plugged into the camera and i am on the WiFi network with my phone

Looks like after about 3 hours i have managed to sort it. my router unknown to me had the WPS settings disabled. In the configuration settings for the camera (using the cameras IP address) there is an option in advance settings under WiFi which enables a pin code to be generated. I then copied and pasted the generated Pin code into the router configuration menu under WPS. the camera and router then communicated.

I'm aware that there must be an easier way with some routers.

I have probably not explained this very well but hopfully it may help people in future if they have the same problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back