Pyronix Enforcer Alarm Issue - Magnetic Contact Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I'm a new member to this forum, so please excuse me if I don't follow accepted practice for some reason (and let me know how to do better in future!) I have been searching around this forum (and more widely) to a solution to a recent problem, but to no avail. I'll try to explain as clearly as possible...

We have a Pyronix Enforcer alarm system installed in our house, which has been working well for around nine months. We have a fairly simple/standard domestic setup, but recently found a problem in that on entry to the house with the alarm set, the entry timer is not started by the door sensor, so that the hallway sensor then picks up motion and sets the alarm off.

The magnetic door sensor is a wireless Pyronix MC1MINI-WE two-way wireless magnetic contact switch. I have run the engineering diagnostics on the control panel and I am pretty sure that I have found that this is where the fault is, but I don’t know what to try next. The magnetic front door sensor shows full battery strength (lights show on the door contact itself as well) and full signal strength (as do all the sensors in the house), but when I open the front door the diagnostics mode shows that the input status remains at "C" (closed) and does not move to "O" (open); in other words, it does not appear to detect the door opening and therefore start the entry timer running, which then means that the PIR sensor in the hallway detects our entry first and triggers a full alarm condition. All the PIR motion sensors correctly flick from "C" to "O" as expected when they detect motion and viewed in this diagnostics mode, so it does seem to me just that magnetic contact switch that is not behaving properly.

Clearly, there is a workaround (to use the a fob to disarm before entering) but some people who enter our house legitimately don't have a key fob and I would like to get this working properly again.

Can anyone please suggest what the underlying fault may be and how to proceed further in investigating this problem?

Many thanks,

Andy.

Sponsored Links
sounds like the reed is no longer registering so replace the device under warranty.

you can delete it off and relearn it

Many thanks for such a swift response secureiam, I had suspected a hardware issue.

Is there anything else that you (or anyone else) would recommend that I can do to check/confirm this, please, or is it really now a matter of replacing the sensor and then seeing if that resolves the issue?

Regards,

Andy.

deleting and relearning will show that the device is able to communicate with the panel.

you can try tapping the device to see if reed opens.

Sponsored Links
For the benefit of anyone else that may find this post in future, it turned out, following secureiam's helpful suggestion, that tapping the magnetic switch "released" the stuck reed. It was fairly gentle tapping with the handle of a screwdriver, and only on the outside of the unit so it did not need to be opened.

It remains to be seen of course whether this was a one-off or the problem will come back again in the near future, but it's a start and at least I know know exactly where the problem is.

Andy.

Keywords for searches: problem, fault, issue, broken, not working, error, magnetic switch, magnetic reed switch, magnetic contact switch, stuck reed.

once they start sticking...….. no idea how long it will last, but who slams the doors?

I know you have said thanks, but selecting thanks against the post/s that were useful would also be appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back