Pyronix Enforcer alarm Siren not loud enough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My problem is that when asleep in bedroom, I am often not woken by any false alarm (almost always made by cat, which is another problem!). That means I often don't get to it to turn it off, potentially annoying neighbours, or be warned of any security issue.

The siren itself is actually perfectly loud enough for its location outside the front door, and I would not want it louder there. However, the bedroom is at the back of house.

Also, it may be a problem that the alarm panel itself is in a small cupboard next to the front door, which is in a small lobby with a glass-panelled door to rest of the property, and then there is my bedroom door which I prefer to shut. All this is probably impeding sound of alarm and siren. However, the location of the alarm where it is makes perfect sense in every other way.

I have asked the installer if there is some kind of extra internally-located extension-alarm I could get but he says no. I have considered some kind of wireless intercom I could get to pick up the alarm sound, but I wouldn't know where to start locating a suitable one. Anyone have any advice?

Sponsored Links
without checking not sure how many wireless delta bells can be added to the system.

that said I thought you could wire in a bell to the enforcer, that being the case you would just need to watch out for the fuse limit on that wired bell option.

There are a few different internal sounders to choose from, which require as a minimum power connections and a bell trigger.
Believe the fuse is 500mA so there's lots of internal sounders below this. a small cable from the panel to outside the cabinet and the speaker fitted next to the cabinet, so no cables showing?

be warned though many of these internal sirens are extremely loud, I advise my customers to have one and every time I come to test it they jump out of there skin and if that doesn't wake you up, then not much will.

Total rubbish ....
You could A have another wireless bell box sited outside near your bedroom or B a wire run to an internal sounder on your landing
E.g. Twin alert sounder

how discrete are the wireless bell boxes though, I know some people think about the cosmetics?

ie a5Ci on Texecom isn't big but had a few that wouldn't have that in the house though.

Just had a look and they don't appear to have anything discrete, the twin alert should be discrete enough.

Sponsored Links
many thanks, is the twin alert sounder wireless, and where could I look at or buy it.

You could get another wireless bell box internal module learn that and just put it in your room somewhere (under bed, top of a cupboard) just make sure the tamper is pushed in.

don't see an internal wireless sounder option anywhere for the enforcer, but nothing to stop you putting an external one internally, although the aesthetics may not be so pleasing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back