Pyronix Enforcer Back up Battery

Yla

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Following a power cut my wireless Pyronix Enforcer alarm went off in the middle of the night, after resetting it the main panel had an error code asking to change the batteries on one of the remotes and the kitchen PIR.

I have done that and there are no more error codes displayed on the main panel but the panel itself keeps chirping every 30 seconds (like a smoke alarm does when it needs new batteries).

Should I attempt to replace the main battery?
If so, would I need the engineer code to reset the panel or would it reset itself automatically?

Thanks a lot

Yla

Sponsored Links
Is the Alert LED flashing? If it's not then it's not your alarm.

The enforcer doesn't chirp, it has a two double beeps that alternate slightly.

hi,

thanks for your reply - it definitely is the alarm, the sound is probably best described as a beep, there is nothing else in the cupboard under the stairs that could be making that noise and it clearly comes from the main panel.

it was flashing before I changed the batteries in the kitchen PIR and the remote. Once I did that it stopped flashing it it has continued beeping.

Any ideas how to stop it from doing that?

Last edited:
Entering your code / presenting your tag / pressing unlock on a keyfob should silence any beeps and display any issues on screen. If nothing is displayed, or it prompts you to set the system, it's not your alarm.

High pitched sounds (ala chirps smoke detectors) in confined spaces can become disorientating. The sound can be coming from somewhere completely different.

Sponsored Links
Hi Josh, turns out you are absolutely right. I have found a smoke alarm hidden under the stairs that I did not know anything about. Thanks so much for your help!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back