Pyronix enforcer changing the sim due to intermittent line fault without the engineers code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My enforcer was installed in 2015 with a Vodafone PAYG sim. This worked fine until about 4 months ago when the network did something to degrade the signal so we now have poor coverage. My own mobile uses Vodafone so I know the signal went form 4 bars to 1. EE on the other hand is still 4 bars.

I want to know if I can change the sim myself without the engineers code as the installer won't hand it over and they charge £96 per call out.

Is this something I can do myself without needing engineer access? If so is it a case of taking the front off and swapping the sims or do I need to power down somehow? Will the system go into some kind of tamper mode that only an engineer code can resolve?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
When the alarm goes off does it ask for a engineers reset or can you reset it yourself?

Sponsored Links
When the alarm goes off does it ask for a engineers reset or can you reset it yourself?

I can reset the alarm with my user code and can clear line faults and mains absent warnings.

Could the installer have set it up so only an engineer can reset a tamper alarm? Is that usual practice?

I am happy to take the front panel off and try and swap the sim. If it all goes wrong could I disconnect the battery and mains and call the engineer out or will this wipe the settings in the memory?

Tamper enginner Reset may have been enabled but you won’t know until you cause a Tamper. I would suspect it’s not been enabled. Powering down will not erase the memory.

Thanks for that info.

If I assume I can reset the tamper alarm with my code is the SIM obvious when I take the front panel off?

Good to hear that there are still alarm companies that will not give out the Engineer Code, must be a professional company.

Ended up calling out the engineer anyway as the main exit door contact stopped working.

Asked the engineer to swap the sim while fixing the door contact and it turns out EE and Pyronix don't currently work well together so my planned swap was never going to work.

I am now left with the option of having the system connected my landline so waiting for them to give me a price for that addition.

Its a pain the firmware is not really upgradable to the v10 so you could then just install the lan or wifi cards and use the app. May be cheaper to buy a stand alone gsm dialer and wire it into a output.

As for it not working on EE this is from the pyronix site.
The GSM Modem will work on any network that uses a GSM signal and has been tested with the following providers: - T-Mobile (EE) - O2 - Vodafone - Orange (Does not support UDL) (EE) The GSM Modem does not work with the 3 Network as this is 3G only.

did they try it?

Ended up calling out the engineer anyway as the main exit door contact stopped working.

Asked the engineer to swap the sim while fixing the door contact and it turns out EE and Pyronix don't currently work well together so my planned swap was never going to work.

I am now left with the option of having the system connected my landline so waiting for them to give me a price for that addition.

Be cheaper to get another SIM card !

did they try it?
No, the engineer rang someone (he said it was Pyronix) to check that EE was still not being supported.

Be cheaper to get another SIM card !
Unfortunately we do not have good reception where we are. Vodafone used to be the best but they managed to knacker that doing some engineering works so EE is second best at 1 to 2 bars. O2 is no good where we are.

Just buy a V10 panel ( comes with wifi built in) ...all sorted!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back