Pyronix enforcer false alarm

Your looking for the voltage on the pirs lol. Do you have the engineer code? If you dont know what your doing probably better off getting a decent local firm in to take a look rather than a 1 man band who does it on the side.

Sponsored Links
Yes already speaking to local firm. If there is voltage disparity is it just swapping PIR.

Is easier solution to bite the loss and replace wired PIR with wireless pir.

If the voltage gets too low or drops completely the wired pirs will go open circuit. The enforcer doesnt have a very big power supply as not designed for running that many wired devices. It could be faulty wiring but i doubt it. U can test the resistance of the cables with the multimeter. If the pirs are wired with resistors any wiring issues should throw up a tamper fault. You could just swap them all for wireless but theyre not cheap.

What will be the solution.

I must admit I am giving hope with my installer. 1st he wanted to charge me callout fee as its 8 weeks from installation.

And on multiple occasions he said he is not electrician. He works for big commercial alarm company and does domestic installation as side job. Until problem all was OK. He has 100% reviews on chechatrade and mubuilder.
What’s being an electrician got to do with anything ? If he works for a big commercial alarm company then he should know about how much current is available on this system , you would be normally looking at a powered zem8 if you where adding extra devices

Sponsored Links
Do you have pets?
The pet tolerant lens are still in the pirs.If your installer makes the pirs less sensitive they will not pick up an elephant,!!!!.

Last edited:
No pets. But now I am getting sinking feeling, he doesn't know what he is doing.

Set meter to DC check across positive and negative on each PIR for a voltage reading should be above 12v dc

You mentioned the enforcer V11 was brand new, was this an upgrade from an older system, the PIRs that are wired, are they from an older system

You mentioned the enforcer V11 was brand new, was this an upgrade from an older system, the PIRs that are wired, are they from an older system
No whole kit is brand new. Only thing which is old is wire which runs from panel to wired pirs.

Was your previous system causing false activations from older PIRs connected to the existing wiring

No worked fine for over 10 years. Unit just stopped working.

Check and prove existing cabling and connections ,take resistance reading of cable can help determine any cable problems.
Check voltage readings at all wired pir,must be above 12vdc.As stated your control panel has limited auxiliary 12v output,which may require additional power supply.
Remove pet tolerant lens from pir's if no pets
Vacuum around all movement sensors
Test system.
May require a competent person to test correctly.
If you are getting someone to test your system make sure they competent with the Pyronix range,ask them to bring additional wireless sensors so you do not need another visits to sort your system out.

Just scrapping through barrel of thoughts. 2 sensors face garden with large double glazed windows.

I have 2 large jasmine bushes 6 ft tall outside the windows. Will the wind swaying the plants trigger PIR. They might be approximately 6-7 meters away from PIR and 2 meters away from windows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back