Pyronix Enforcer Frequency Jamming

Hmm....seems to come down to the panel.

Is my only option in this case to disable jamming?

FG

Sponsored Links
Most likely. It sounds like their parameters for determining a malicious attack are too aggressive.

Hi can I please ask if you got the problem sorted please as I am having the exact same problem since February 26th and that's the week the new street lighting was installed. It wakes us up at night and even when alarm isn't set is goes off very horrible noise. I'm
Getting exact msg as u on my panel.

Hi, I'm interested in the wireless Pyronix system but also worried about possible interference causing issues. Has the original author of this post found the source of their problem ? Anyone know if perhaps a firmware update has been released by Pyronix to address this issue for the enforcer v10 ?

Sponsored Links
Anyone know if perhaps a firmware update has been released by Pyronix to address this issue

Equipment operating on a Licence Exempt frequency cannot be made 100% reliable.

If your and your family's safety and/or security is important then any and all equipment that is necessary for that safety shpuld not rely on wireless communications. The exception to that is when your nearest neighbour is more than 200 yards away and does not have any illegal / non compliant equipment operating on Licence Exempt frequencies.

Understood, but are these new street light systems proving more of a threat to future reliability & stability than the possibility of a neighbors gadgets running on 868 mhz ?

The amount of "threat" to a receiver depends on

(1) the Effective Radiated Power (ERP) from the offending transmitter in the direction of the receiver,
(2) the distance between the receiver and the offending transmitter. ( square law , doubling the distance reduces the threat to 1/4 )

A neighbour's gadget 2 metres from your receiver could be more of a threat than a transmitter on a lamp post across the road. But cannot be stated as fact without knowing the ERPs of the two transmitters.

The new enforcer panels have dual frequency which is supposed to stop the street light jamming issue ....personally I've fitted 50 plus and never had an issue ....

The new enforcer panels have dual frequency which is supposed to stop the street light jamming issue ....personally I've fitted 50 plus and never had an issue ....

Hi - You mention that the pyronix panel has dual frequency, Is this only a feature of the v10 panel ? Do you know what the other frequency is ?

Would be interested to know how that works if you have any info. I'm assuming that if it has trouble on 868 then it will try its other designated frequency before flagging a "Jam" condition and triggering the alarm.

Regarding the number of installations you have done, have the majority of these been in built up areas that could be subject to interference from street lighting etc ? I only ask because presumably if installing in remote or less densely populated areas then the risks are reduced.

Thanks.

No city areas ... but if your that bothered about a jamming issue ... fit a hardwired system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back