Pyronix Enforcer Tamper on Input

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The door sensor on my wireless Pyronix enforcer system took a knock this week. It's casing was knocked sideways...

The end result is it has registered as a tamper and the whole system won't set now...

I have the engineers code and just wondered if it was an easy fix? I don't want to guess and make it worse!

My fitter mate must be away as he hasn't responded to my calls.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The door contact has a rear tamper switch.If the case had its tamper screw fitted on the rear back plate then that could be broken and causing your tamper fault.You my need a new door contact to sort fault.

Thanks I suspect you could be right. When I pushed it back in place it looked like a piece of the casing had snapped on the rear of the sensor where it attaches to the door.

Thanks again - looks like I will be needing the fitter back.

Order a new one off the internet ,eBay etc
Replace the back plate with the new one ,then swap the contact insides PCB from the old unit ,onto the new back plate.That way you will not need Ho program the door contact back onto the system.Put cover back on reset and test.
Use the new PCB and lid as spares for next time you bang unit .
If you do not put the screw back into the back plate then you will not break the rear tamper again(not ideal)

Sponsored Links
Or just add extra screw in back plate above or below the snap out back tamper, as long as the snap out back tamper is screwed in the gap .

Thanks for the replies chaps. Sparkymarka that sounds like a plan even if just temporary. Although I'm not quite sure what you mean I'm sure it will be clear when I disassemble it tomorrow.

Will it keep going off while I work on it or does it stop once the code has been put into the panel?

Thanks again

Drill a small hole in the back plate below the snap out rear tamper and refix

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 747
Ok I understand now thanks sparkymarka.

I guess the snap out bit could be secured in place with some insulation tape as well.

And thanks for going to the effort of providing the pic.

Quick update thanks to both of you I fixed this issue by securing the snap out bit back in place with tape both sides.

Cheers

Don't take too long though, insulating tape, if that is what you have used, is rubbish for that kind of work, don't want a false activation do you?

Thanks for the info Europlex I just used packaging tape as its what I had to hand. It's probably better than insulation tape for this job.

I will look out for a bargain though - £40 outlay to replace a 20p plastic casing hurts!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back