Pyronix Enforcer V10 Pir issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering if someone can give me some advice before I dive deep into the manual.

-Alarm system was set up by installer a few months (June 2019) back and we had no issues to start with, recently we had a power cut that lasted more than 10 hours, after power outage the PIRs (3) of have not worked. Door contacts 2 of, still operate correctly

Q1) Does the system loose its some of the settings after a long power outage?

Q2) Do the PIRs work in walk test mode?....and do they need "time" to come out of sleep mode, or should they work immediately when activated in test mode........they don't flash at all for some reason, just wondering if some settings have been lost?

any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Q1) Does the system loose its some of the settings after a long power outage?
No

Q2) Do the PIRs work in walk test mode?....and do they need "time" to come out of sleep mode, or should they work immediately when activated in test mode........they don't flash at all for some reason, just wondering if some settings have been lost?
Can take up to 5 minutes I believe

any help appreciated

its should not lose settings.

I would open and close the PIR case to see if the PIR responds.

Thanks for your replies, ,.........issue solved the PIR's were all angled too high, they would only go off in walk test mode (or in normal mode) if I stood on a chair then they would activate, we just thought it was due to the power outage but it looks like they have been like this since the system was installed in June.........so much for their testing of the system! I'll be on the phone to the installer in the morning!

Sponsored Links
........I don't think so (no pets in house) I will ask the installer....or can you tell by looking at the sensors?

Did you actually set the alarm and test or assume because the blue leds didn’t come on they where faulty ! Wireless pirs go to sleep when unset ...otherwise you would be changing the batteries every week

Thanks sparkymarka, yeh I did fullset (giving at least 5 minutes for them to become active) and test and they didn't go off, I then carried out a walk test on all sensors every door contact worked but the 3 PIRS did not activate, then carried out a diagnostic test on all sensors which all came back with a "3" excellent signal so at least I knew the PIRS are communicating with the control box. Carried out walk test again (giving at least 5 minutes for them to become active) it was at this stage i discovered that I triggered one of the PIRS when I stood on a small chair , repeated and blue light came on PIR (it does in walk test mode) , I did the same for the other two PIRS and they worked too. I did read that they sleep when unset, but still communicate now and again with control box. I just need the installers to come and adjust the angle slightly..........I could do the adjustments myself but I paid them to install a system which obviously wasn't installed correctly or tested..............just shows you it can be the simplest thing that throws you!

Did they leave the pet mask in ? Looks like 4 6E31EBBA-AE7A-4D5F-8ADB-47524283A757.png slots across the bottom of the detector lens ? As it’s the first thing i remove

.....not at the house just now, I will check tomorrow ....thinking about it , they do look a bit like that, "Secure I am" mentioned them. thanks for this Sparkymarka

Yes all four PIR sensors had these pet guards fitted!!! Now removed and retested system all PIR’s now work . Looks like the system was never set up correctly, many thanks Sparkymarka you were spot on with your diagnosis!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back