Pyronix Enforcer Volume

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Pyronix Enforcer system installed in my flat.

Recently I have had a few faults come up, mostly about low batteries, and that’s fine, I can set about getting the batteries changed.

My problem is that when those alerts come up, it causes a repetitive double beep from my control panel which is responded to by a double beep somewhere else in my flat and it is SO LOUD. I then desperately spring to the control panel to silence the alarm but eventually it will go off again (this last time was at 2am this morning and I’ve not managed to go to sleep since, hence this post!)

I appreciated the solution to this is to replace the battery but in the meantime, does anyone know if there any way to either:
1) silence these fault alarms completely so all I get is the amber flashing light and no associated deafening noises? OR
2) reduce the volume of these beeps so every single flat in the building doesn’t have to know about my low Siren 1 battery...

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Firstly this suggests the alarm isn't being maintained properly.

When was it last serviced/ batteries replaced, we would recommend normally wireless batteries are replaced every two years so that such situations do not arise in the first instance.

If you go away and the battery is low or fails then your alarm may not protecting the home.

If the batteries are not lasting, other issues may need investigating.

If you have the engineers code you can change the volume settings, this is covered in the engineers manual.

Last edited:
Thank you for your advice

Frustratingly, the alarm was serviced only 2 weeks ago and all of the inside sensor batteries were replaced but the outside box which I assume to be the problem was not. More frustratingly, I don’t know the engineer code (I’ve recently bought the flat and haven’t been told it) so it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to sort it myself. Very annoying.

Out of interest, I don’t suppose you know how long that beeping lasts - is it continuous until someone resets the code or does it stop after a while? Usually I work away from home during the week but I’m terrified to leave in case it goes off and disturbs all my neighbours.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
I have sent them an email and will call tomorrow. These things always happen out of hours/on a weekend!

I was hoping for some damage limitation until I could get someone out but it looks like sleepless nights and emergency numbers for my neighbours are going to have to be the solution for now.

thank you both for your advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back