Pyronix euro46 - wiring two sensors to one zone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hopefully someone can advise me. I have recently upgraded my old alarm system, replacing it with a Euro 46 panel and changed the PIR’s to the KX15DQ. All are working fine except one zone where I had two PIR’s connected to the one zone. I followed the drawing but it doesn’t like it. I’m totally confused. Help please!!

Thank you!
6AB302F8-E2E8-4C7E-8913-6F774033E556.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Split them off ....not good practice to have 2 on one zone ....
How many cores to detectors ...and do you have a spare zone on the panel ?

WOW! Didn’t expect a reply so quick, thank you.

I have six core cable running to the PIR’s, it worked fine for years with the old alarm and two PIR’s on one zone!!

Running another cable to split them is no easy task. Any suggestions?

You only need 2 core per detector if you EOL The device ....eg first detector if looped into to the next...use red and black for power , blue and yellow at first pir EOL , join the green and white together at first detector and use this EOL at the second detector...

Sponsored Links
How did you find the upgrade Pro jobber if you don't mind me asking?

I changed everything other than the wiring, so new control unit (euro 46), bell box, PIR’s, door magnets, plus added three wired zones. Took a bit of time working out how to program the control panel. Also how to have two PIR’s on one zone.

The quality seems very good, and proximity tag function makes setting easy. All in all very happy with it. If I can help please ask.

Nice one thank you... just trying to weigh up what to replace my panel with, what the advantages are of each option etc... why did you go for the euro?

Had one installed two years ago at work. It’s reliable, versatile, lots of options, also has communication function (additional, can be accessed via app), and I just find it clear and easy to use, as does the family.

That said, there may well be better systems out there, but at what cost!

Since sorted the two PIR’s to one zone, all working. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back