Pyronix HomeControl 2 app not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Pyronix Enforcer system which I fitted myself. It's been working fine for years. Last week I triggered the alarm accidentally and was surprised to find that I didn't get the usual notification in the Home Control 2 app on my phone. I opened the app and tried connecting to my system. It wouldn't connect (see image). There is nothing wrong with my internet connection. All my other apps are connecting. I've re-installed the app, and installed it on my ipad and another phone. Same problem on these devices also. I've tried disabling the wifi to force it to use 4G. I've tried other wifi networks. I don't know what else to try. My pyronix subscription is up to date. They took a payment back in March.

I'm pretty sure the panel is connecting ok. It gives error messages if my wifi is down.

Anyone any ideas?

Attachments

• Home Control 2 error.jpg.png
    Home Control 2 error.jpg.png
    141.2 KB · Views: 12
Sponsored Links
What’s the status of the panel when you login to Pyronix cloud?

Thanks for the reply. I've tried it with the panel armed and disarmed. The app is saying that it cannot connect to Pyronix Cloud. I've always assumed that there is no direct communication between the app and my panel.

You still haven’t said what the Pyronix cloud is showing ref your panels?

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I didn't read your question properly. I've just logged into Pyronix Cloud and all looked well.

I've just checked the wifi settings in the panel and that was all good. I checked the app password in there, and noticed it was one character different from what I was using on the app. I corrected it and now the app is working once more. Just to make sure, I triggered the alarm and immediately got the notification on my phone.

So it was a simple error on my part, but I was misled by the app telling me to check my connection. It said nothing about a failed login. If it had told me I was using invalid credentials, I would have found the solution quite quickly.

Thanks for your input. You got me dig a bit deeper and fix the problem.

Ian

Yes the errors can take a bit of digging. Good you are now sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back