Pyronix indoor cube camera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening...

Had a self install system for a number of years and for some reason the indoor cube camera has stopped playing ball. When I try to live view the camera via the pro control app it will climb to 90% ish and say;

Network is unstable. Connecting again...

Camera doesn’t seem to trigger when walking around in front of it either?

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated, nothing has changed to my knowledge.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
have a look at your wifi channels, you can get apps which will show you which channels are in use nearest to you and how strong they are.

swap wifi channels if possible. Makes sure everythings up to date

Thanks secureiam

I’ve logged in via the routers IP address, refreshed channels for it to reestablish the best option, seems to have an auto option to find best channel (unless overriding this is a better option?)...

Still getting the same unstable message.

Looks like camera is sitting on the 2.4ghz channel and not 5ghz, is it worth changing that?

Cheers

How old is the camera ? It’s not one of the old pyronix cameras is it ? Has the camera got power ?

Sponsored Links
Ok I think I have a conclusion for anyone who has arrived on this post with a similar issue.

Our ISP is BT and we have a BT homehub router.

There is a new BT Wi-fi network in the neighbourhood, providing a full hotspot signal in our house! This is where I believe the interference/unstable network has crept in.

The cube camera only works on the congested 2.4ghz wireless network, the BT homehub has a smart channel selector by default which apparently chooses the least congested channel (being channel 6 on this occasion), BT suggest you can manually change the channel to either 1, 6 or 11 to see if a performance improvement can be achieved.

I have changed to channel 1 and so far so good! My theory is that the new BT Wi-fi network was also using channel 6 by default and causing this issue.

This is probably what secureiam was alluding to at the top of the post, but in more layman’s terms above is how I went around it!

Cheers

Pretty much WiFi channel issue.

problem is so many have WiFi nowadays finding clear channels can be hard work, especially if one or more are also looking.

I use an app, WiFi analyser, you can see the different networks and the channels they are using.

if your smart phone tablet has 2.4 and 5 it will show what’s on those frequencies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back