Pyronix - indoor wi-fi camera's - advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Taking a look at the following;

Pyronix - 2mp hd1080p indoor wi-fi cube camera
Pyronix - 2mp hd1080p indoor wi-fi dome camera

Would just like a simple add on camera to my Pyronix alarm set up/use with the HomeControl+ App.

Question I cannot seem to find an answer for, is do either/both of these options record motion when triggered? either to the on board SD or cloud?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Yes they have a SD card slot for motion recording.

Thanks for the reply.

I guess what I’m trying to establish is that there is no need for a DVR etc, SD will store some footage, a good example of the type of functionality I’m hoping for is;

https://www.swann.com/uk/swwhd-indcam

But utilising the Pyronix system/cloud subscription I already have.

Cheers

Pyronix is Pyronix or HIK only I believe.

Search online for reviews of Swann or even search on here.

Sponsored Links
The cube camera is just like the swan one you linked, Its just a stand alone camera.

Yes indeed the Pyronix cams are actually Hikvision and not to be compared with Swann junk!
The cameras will connect wireless to wifi and can be viewed independently on procontrol app with no annual cloud charge.
They can take SD cards OR be wired into an NVR to make a complete system.

Last edited by a moderator:
After having a mess with one for a few weeks they are good bits of kit, in theory you could just replace a standard pir with one as they have a relay on the back which can be set to mirror the pir so it will still operate like a standers pir alarm sensor but with all the other functions.

It would be nice to be able to link it with the pyronix alarm system so when it sets it arms the image notification on the app.

Thanks all.

Took the plunge and have had the cube camera delivered today

E999, would my current home control+ app be suitable? or best to use with the pro control? I’ll be setting this up at the weekend.

Bianco, sounds promising, again, have you chosen to use pro control?

Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to use the pro control app these days not tried adding a camera in the home control+ app, but you will also need ivms-4500 app for viewing recordings you can't do it in pro control. As soon as you add the camera to your hikvision account it will show up in all your related apps.

ProControl+ app on phone and cube camera linked, so far so good!

Something I must be overlooking, how do you stop the cube cam making the alarm sound when motion is detected?

Cheers

It's in menu somewhere you will need the ivms-4200 software. Events- alarm- alarm linkage - audible warning

Cheers Bianco

How would you know to use the ivms-4200 software? I appreciate the steer in the right direction!

If you get a chance, what's the best way to get this software linked to the camera? it looks pretty complicated!!!

Thanks Handymanjo, I'll give that a go, this was provided on disk with the camera, having a MacBook Air with no drive and also the download from hikvision not being recognised as a trusted publisher, I'm once again struggling, I'll dig out an old windows laptop and try that...

Frustrating thing is the FAQ's say that the alarm sound can be turned off using the app! This is not a function that I can find.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back