pyronix paragon plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the paragon plus alarm installed, yesterday when turning off the mains to do some electrical wiring, the outside siren went off and wouldn't turn off even after entering the code. Flicking the mains back on turns it off and with the display showing the "tamper" light flashing.

The alarm has been installed prior to me owning the house (4 years ago) so unsure of age / maintenance etc.

Question is how can I stop the siren going off when turning the electrics off and also slightly more long term, can anyone suggest a good replacement?

Sponsored Links
Replace the back up battery in the control panel ...pyronix euromini is the current replacement for this panel

thanks Sparkymarka - out of curiosity what is actually happening? Is it because as you say, the battery in the control needs replacing, so it sends a message to the siren that the power to the alarm has been tampered with? So a battery replacement in the control panel would stop that occurring even if I switch off the mains power to it?

Think it as ....the control panel is stopping the bell from ringing ( as long as the bellbox battery is ok ) ...this stops a burglar from smashing up your control panel to disable the outside bellbox ...

Sponsored Links
Makes sense - will removing the front cover to replace the battery trigger the alarm?

Thanks for your all help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back