Pyronix Sterling 10 alarm – changing telephone contact numbers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First time poster, I really hope someone can help…

I recently moved into a house with a Pyronix Sterling 10 home alarm system. It was installed a few years ago and is in fully working order.

However, it still has the previous owners telephone contact numbers programmed into it (the numbers the alarm calls when it goes off).

I’ve been through all of the menus and I can’t find a way to change them. I’ve phoned the installers and they’ve said they can do it, but they’ll charge me £100 for a call out.

I’m reluctant to pay £100, and have to wait in all day, for what undoubtedly is something that’ll take a few minutes and I could do myself (if I knew how!).

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sterling 10 panels don't dial .
There will be a aftermarket device fitted to your alarm
E.g. Menvier sd1, pyronix vocaliser , texecom speech dialer

Sterling 10 panels don't dial .
There will be a aftermarket device fitted to your alarm
E.g. Menvier sd1, pyronix vocaliser , texecom speech dialer

Thank you for the reply. That makes sense, and I do indeed have a Menvier SD1 unit too.

I’ve found the instruction manual online, and it includes how to change the telephone numbers. However the first step is to ‘key in the current passcode’. Will that be the same current passcode as the actual alarm itself (I changed it when I moved in to the house) or is it totally independent?

Sponsored Links
Luckily the previous owners had written the code (they’d chosen the same as the original alarm code I think) down in the various paperwork they left with the house, so I gave it a go last night. I haven’t changed the phone numbers yet, but I can get into the menu to do it… so it looks like the issue is resolved.

Thank you to those who replied, I knew it would probably be a simple fix, but without your assistance I probably wouldn’t have known how to do it. Your help is much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back