Pyronix sterling 10 external sounding issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi joel here new to forum so hi all!

Was wondering if any of you good people could help me diagnose the fault with my alarm. It is fully functional in every way other then the external sounder only sounds for around 5 seconds then goes off? The strobe light and internal continues to function but the loud external siren goes off?

As you are probably aware this is an old alarm and is now obsolete, I inherited it when I bought the house and don't have engineer codes unfortunately, hoping to solve the problem and get the alarm to limp on for awhile longer until I can afford another.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated !

Sponsored Links
Yeah I could be something as silly as that, an engineer things could be the battery in the bell box but surely if it can sound for 5 seconds then it is functional ? Thing is to get it looked at or the bell box replaced will nearly cost as much as to renew ( using same wiring and pirs)

Why would it be the battery ? It would still work even if it didn't have one fitted...ladders out and check if it has a test link , can't comment without a picture or model

Sponsored Links
Thanks mate. I'll send you a photo its the pyronix belle though if your familiar, how would I check if the test link is off then ?

IMG_1422.PNG
Test link location

So when tamper goes off if I key in my alarn code I should be able to work on it (I don't have the engineer codes)

Get someone to stand at the keypad to silence the system when you take the lid off the bell. The actual bell box will continue to sound for as long as you have the cover off, so wear a pair of ear defenders while you move the jumper link over. Be careful around the strobe tube, if it's flashing it'll give you a bit of a belt if you touch it (it's exposed and on the same circuit board as the jumper)

Ok thanks tornthe heads up and advice goingn to give it a bash tomorrow so well see how it goes! If it is how we're thinking it seems crazy that it could've always been on test.

Who fitted the alarm? You? A Friend? An alarm company? An elf with a BIG ladder?

Who ever needs a kick up the B_ _

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back