Pyronix Wireless Alarm questions:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a few questions about the Pyronix Wireless Enforcer system, as I am installing one tomorrow at my grandparents.

1) What is it about a 4 digit code not being compliant with BS8243 for unsetting the system as stated on the panels flip down guide? I take it it has nothing to do with the system being Grade 2 compliant as all traditional systems that are set/unset with a 4 digit pin would also be non Grade 2 complaint.

2) Is there any way for the end user to acknowledge a Power failure warning without them having the Engineers code? I have it set at "250" minutes, however as my grandparents live in the country side and get a fair few short power cuts, I don't want them to get concerned when the yellow triangle starts flashing following a powercut.

3) What counts as a Com's Failure and does loss of WiFi siginal count? Again should they lose internet or turn off their Wi-Fi Router by mistake before going on holiday say, will this be an issue.

4) Can a wireless Keyfob be assigned to more than one Enforcer panel?

5) What's the relationship between Pyronix and Hikvision? The labels of the packaging have both brand names on them.

6) What is the battery life like on the Wireless Delta Bell, having 1 hour polling enabled and NO strobe or siren on system set.

Regards: Elliott.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Just a few questions about the Pyronix Wireless Enforcer system, as I am installing one tomorrow at my grandparents.

1) What is it about a 4 digit code not being compliant with BS8243 for unsetting the system as stated on the panels flip down guide? I take it it has nothing to do with the system being Grade 2 compliant as all traditional systems that are set/unset with a 4 digit pin would also be non Grade 2 complaint.
BS8243 is the standard for intruder alarm system that require Police response.
Grade 2 allows minimum 4 digit codes
Grade 3 allows minimum 5 digit codes

2) Is there any way for the end user to acknowledge a Power failure warning without them having the Engineers code? I have it set at "250" minutes, however as my grandparents live in the country side and get a fair few short power cuts, I don't want them to get concerned when the yellow triangle starts flashing following a powercut.
From the manual "Time delay before mains failure or technical alarm notified. NOTE: Setting ‘250’ = never alarms. System change-over to battery supply and associated visual alert indication is always immediate." You may get a battery fault but only after 8 hours or so.

3) What counts as a Com's Failure and does loss of WiFi siginal count? Again should they lose internet or turn off their Wi-Fi Router by mistake before going on holiday say, will this be an issue. If you are using the App you the system admin will get an email notification after 24 hours. The system should poll the Pyronix cloud once every 24 hours. If it does not an email is sent. I would also expect wifi loss to generate an alert on the control panel. Not sure if this can be disabled.

4) Can a wireless Keyfob be assigned to more than one Enforcer panel?
No idea.

5) What's the relationship between Pyronix and Hikvision? The labels of the packaging have both brand names on them.
I believe Hikvision purchased Pyronix approx 2 years ago.

6) What is the battery life like on the Wireless Delta Bell, having 1 hour polling enabled and NO strobe or siren on system set.
No strobe or siren on system set? You using the siren as a dummy? I guess the answer would be it depends on how many times the siren is activated. Under normal conditions 2 years would be the expected battery life. Play safe and change every 12 months if it is a concern.

Re: steveo44

1) That makes sense as there was an option in the settings to use 5 digit pins instead of 4 digit.

2) I already have it set to "250"/Never Alarm, they will just have to do with a flashing light until I can visit should they have a power cut.

3) I have the Com's failure set to "250", I take it the panel will still poll the Pyronix Cloud once every 24 hours. Odd thing is the panel lists the settings in Minutes but the installation manual lists the setting in Seconds.

6) So about the same life as the PIR's batteries, if so then that makes sense.

eveares, as regards standards, unless you are an alarm installer (then you should know) the grading system really means nothing to you, so do as you like

Sponsored Links
But I hope I have installed it in a Grade 2 compliant manner.

What is the max entry time before alarm for Grade 2 if their is one?

As above why ? Lower the better if you gave 30secs to turn it off so has a thief to grab what he wants !
You can't certify to grade 2 anyway !

As above why ?

Why for the time?, because my grandparents are old and thus slow. I could take my Nan on a bad day 30 seconds to reach the panel from opening the front door should they wish to unset it with the code and not the Keyfob.

You can't certify to grade 2 anyway !

What are you trying to say? Surely if it meets the requirements of Grade 2, then it complies with Grade 2.

But at least it better and more secure than something you can pick up in B&Q.

the grading system really means nothing to you

It does as I would not be happy unless it complied and could be classed as Grade 2 Complaint. I see it a bit like BS7671 in the sense that anyone can do electrical work to meet the regs and classify thier work as compliant, however the pro's do it day in day out and know the regs of the back of their hand and have advantages of being with a certification scheme in the scope of notifiable work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back