Pyronix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can please advice me why one of my pir always flash blue light when we walk near to the pir even though alarm is not on ?

Sponsored Links
All PIRs have an LED which comes on when movement is detected, regardless of the system state. The detector does not know that the system is unset, its job is to detect movement. The control panel monitors the circuits & will only trigger when its set & a sensor detects movement.

Wireless systems are a bit different, some have no light & others light up after a ‘sleep time’ to preserve battery life.

Oh ok i thought something wrong .. i have a wireless system

Wireless Pyronix sensors will flash but occasionally during the “sleep time” they may not. Any faults will be displayed on your keypad so no need to worry unless you get an amber flashing light on keypad.

Sponsored Links
Sorry what do u mean by sleep time ? This happens evening onwards

Wireless detectors “sleep” to save battery life. Upon inital detection of movement they then “sleep” for approx 3 minuites (Sleep time) before triggering again. This makes the battery last 2-3 years instead of 6months.

Hi, In fact the Pyronix devices are two way so the panel will wake them when needed and send them to sleep when not needed. They only sleep the motion detector, not the tamper. So if you set the alarm or start a walk test, you will find the blue LED will keep flashing while it sees you. Then end the walk test or unset the alarm and the detector will stop flashing again. It does wake up after a long period of unset to check the detector is working. That may be what you are seeing. I see my landing detector activate once when I get up in the night. But as that detector is not armed, it stops after one event.

To Clarify. Pyronix Enforcer wireless detectors sleep when the system is not set. This helps to conserve battery life. However detectors will "Arm" themselves after 1 hour of inactivity and if you move in front of the detector the Blue LED will light up, it will send a signal to the panel, the panel will say "I'm not Set" and the detector will then go back to sleep. This is why sometimes when you walk into a room you will see the LED flash once as the detector detects movement then nothing after.

When the system is set the panel will broadcast a signal to wake up any detectors that are asleep and they remain awake all the time until the system is then unset. This is an advantage of the two way wireless technology employed by Pyronix.

One way devices will detect movement and then go back to sleep for 3 minutes, they have no idea if the system is set or not.

So, asking a question in a similar vein.....

I'm looking after a home belonging to a family member who is away in full time residential care - so the house is "mothballed". The house has a pyronix enforcer system with is set all the time, except for around 30min per week when I visit to collect post & checkup on the heating etc. Since the system is, to all intents & purposes, permanently set, the PIRs will always be 'awake'.

Does that mean that I can expect the battery life to be significantly less than the 2 years suggested? (I know I can interrogate the PIRs via the control panel & gauge how much battery life remains.... so I shouldn't get caught out when they start to fail. This is more of a forewarned is forearmed type of question)

Last edited:
No because when they are awake or asleep they use very little power. When they transmit a signal is when they use most power.

So when the system is unset if they were awake they would be transmitting all the time as you moved around and they detected movement. When the system is set by definition the property will be empty and therefore there will be no movement and no transmissions hence not as much power is used.

It is a little more complicated than that actually as all devices do send supervision signals as well even when the system is unset but they don’t use a great deal more power regardless of the state of the panel under normal circumstances.

HI! I´ve some problems with HomeControl+, I can´t able control option in the app...How can i do it ...
thanks !

You need to set up the outputs on the control panel first before any controls will show up on the app.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back