qouting for a new cu and borrowed neutrals

yes. Its tempting to bang em both on the same rcd protected circuits but 314.1 does not really allow it. Don't know whether an emmergency light near the cu may change that but better to sort it properly of course.

Thanks for all your comments, solutions and ideas, very useful food for thought, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Reading the regulations I would think where one has emergency lighting good enough to get out of the building you can use a single lighting supply. Since my house has a central stair case I have fitted an emergency light above the stairs as to my mind in the case of fire it is very likely that the power will trip and unless I supplied all lights with Ali-tube cables and there own RCBO then it is likely that the lights will fail before one has got out of the house. Although I see many use the same RCD for upstairs lights as downstairs sockets should a fire start it is likely that downstairs sockets will get an earth fault so before one can get out of the house one needs to get downstairs in the dark before you can even reach the light switch so I can't personally see how this can ever comply. Never the less is seems a common method?

Sponsored Links
I suppose its from where youre looking at it...

Don't think I've ever had a belt off a borrowed phase.

Had a couple of rattles of borrowed neutrals in my time, however!

It's even more *$%@:!# when you know you've got a BN in the first place, and still get a belt... :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back