Quadrant shower install and plumbing advice

Have looked at the aquaseal strips and was planning on those :)

Did think of a mortar base and some extra in the support leg areas
Or
As above with extra support around the edges ( ply ) then a bed

. .or Unscrew the legs and set on a mortar base and silcone to the wall :)

Sponsored Links
Sorry - 9.5kW is a lukewarm shower at full flow

Fit a thermostatic mixer bar shower

Has the supply cable been installed by a qualified sparks? The new circuit is notifiable under building regs.

Yes. It has all been check by a sparky . Worked with him as a mate for a few years . All is good and he will be wiring into the mk consumer unit and the shower so no problem there :).

Sponsored Links
Having read the thread, I'm no clearer on what it was you wanted answers to! You clearly don't want to take the good advice given re: the shower selection......Still, please post pics when its all done as we like them

Hi . Basicly was just after some guidance and to check what i have in my head to do to complete is ok. I.e the pipe work / plumbing etc

All advice is taken on board and apreciated.

Thats why i joined the forum follong reading a few threads and the knowledge on the forum

If we decided to use the same waste for shower and tap into it for the basin as it flows past to where it exits the wall . Are there any form of off centre / angled T Wastes pieces that will allow for the fall in the pipe but still allowing the basin waste to be joined in ?

Original waste from current basin enters at top of bath panel and along the side of bath and exits above the floor level a few inches .. the bath waste exits above the floor also so we looking at the waste being under floor . Running from shower along the joist then exit
Still enough fall going to the waste outside once tapped into the current ones

Dont want too many holes out side . Got horrible brown tiles on the exterior half way up and to the top. New hole will come out on the lower tile .

Will get a pic later

Sticking with the electric shower .

Only other thing were going to do is add the tanking to the edge of the tray .. few mm. Should work as well as a upstand
Y / n

Last edited:
Just out of interest, do you know why your wife is so against a mixer shower? Everyone who has one thinks they are tons better than an electric shower.

I expect he's not confident installing one, and he's already brought it as well.
You can only advise someone, if they take that good advice is up to him I suppose. If he is installing this bathroom I think he's going to struggle a little
Bit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back