Qualcast classic 35s lawnmower something missing but what?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbour was after a lawnmower and after a while He believes to have got a good bargain.

Was sold as working a Qualcast classic 35s. Got home and won't start. He then knocked my front door asking for help.

First thing I noticed on the engine block few clean thread where something was screwed in but can't figure it out what missing.

Attached photos.

Any help appreciated

Attachments

• 20230402_090918.jpg
    20230402_090918.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 114
Sponsored Links
If it’s the hole above the oil filler plug, it’s where the engine is used for other applications and can be ignored.
I can’t comment about the carburettor, but there are several types used on this one, Dell’orto being common.
John

Sponsored Links
It's the brigg stratton engine with carburetor on top of fuel tank

Attachments

• 16805151859795533437730474918580.jpg
    16805151859795533437730474918580.jpg
    445.5 KB · Views: 39
Do I need to cap those holes?

Attachments

• 20230403_104520.jpg
    20230403_104520.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 33
No need to cap the holes, they are blind with no oil escaping.
If you suspect carburettor issues, separate the carb from the tank (6 screws) and you’ll see a dip pipe that descends into the fuel.....clean the filter at the end. There may be one or two dip pipes.
Replace the diaphragm and gasket between the carb and tank and after a carb clean, all should be well.
New carbs are available from GHS Ltd but they are simple and easy to clean.
John

No need to cap the holes, they are blind with no oil escaping.
If you suspect carburettor issues, separate the carb from the tank (6 screws) and you’ll see a dip pipe that descends into the fuel.....clean the filter at the end. There may be one or two dip pipes.
Replace the diaphragm and gasket between the carb and tank and after a carb clean, all should be well.
New carbs are available from GHS Ltd but they are simple and easy to clean.
John

Thanks John

He left the mower at my place and I`m aiming to get it sorted over the weekend for him to cut his grass. He will be pleased to hear nothing is missing. Many Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back