quality of work by tiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After spending £60 m2 on some tasty mosaic tiles, I decided that rather than take on the job myself, I would get a professional tiler in.
He has given me a price of £300 for about 8m2.
He has been doing it on evenings, and hasn't quite finished yet. Thing is, In some places, you can see where the tiles are, i.e. the edges of one sheet touch the other, or they are a bit further apart. He was tiling onto new green plasterboard.
Having never done mosaic tiling is this reasonable and to be expected, or is this a bit poor.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
JonnyG said:
Having never done mosaic tiling is this reasonable and to be expected, or is this a bit poor.
I'm afraid this is bad workmanship, are you sure he's a tiler and not a odd job man working on the side ?

Sponsored Links
I would mention it to him while it is correctable. If you leave it untillthe end of the job you may find he will try to wriggle his way out of the problems.

If you can mention them now at least you get what you want which I would say is more important than the cost of the job.

Regards
Dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back