Quality Screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, was just wondering what screws you guys use ?.
generally i just buy the standard gold screws from screwfix. i find them the chepest locally and generally they are ok.
is there a difference going for more expesive one ?. spax , super turbo gold etc. are they stronger, straighter, sharper, better bit holding ?.

Sponsored Links
I do like the Reisser R2 cutters. Pricey though!

heeelllooo Rubberball
i used to live in lothian[sighthill]40 years ago ;)

turbo gold or turbo gold extra are progresivly more efficient and have more slots for material removal so work progressivly better
i have up to turbo gold and they work brilliantly but for economy its the silver twin threads i use ;)

Sponsored Links
the twin thread spax are a bit more expensive but your bit holds better, also i find they go in easier with less strain on your drill.you don't have to pilot hole for these as much either. best thing is to try a few and find what you prefer for your tools and applications.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back