Quarter turn bib tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have wall-mounted bib taps at my belfast sink. My wife is finding it difficult to turn them now because of finger problems, so she's wondering (and so am I) if there's a quarter-turn ceramic valve type available.

I can't find anything by Googling, so does anyone on this forum know of any, please?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, seco services, I've checked both those web sites and can't find any bib tap -- i.e. a tap that screws into a threaded pipe connection coming horizontally out of the wall.

Are you able to give me a model name or a specific web page, please?

Sponsored Links
That's the site I've been to, Nige F.

From the Home page I go to the Pegler Luxury Tap Solutions, but there's no bib taps that I can see. So I then go to the Performa Utility Tap Solutions, then to the three different Bib Tap pages, but all I can see are bib taps which, albeit with no technical description, look like the traditional screw type with a washer :confused:

:cry: Well the nearest I can offer is a pair of wall mounted lever mixer taps that " should" go through a wall and screw into a Backplate elbow - hidden in the wall - The reason I mention these is that I saw them just yesterday in a Plumbers merchants on special offer - clearance of old stock - :idea: They are exactly what you see in hospitals over their basins ; so I think they might be lying around for a while - I did a pair of lever taps for my late mother a few years ago but they were normal deck mounted single taps - and VERY expensive . :cry: . What I`ll do is go and have a look for you and get the price etc. and see if the lever mech. can be fitted to a body of a bib tap . Would you like to send me a Personal Message - I think you click on my user name :confused: I `m happy to go and look for you , but don`t want to discuss details on a forum .

Thanks, Nige F. I've clicked on your name, but can't see any option to send a PM. Anyway, I don't want you to go to any trouble, thanks.

We've got quarter-turn taps in the rest of the house, and I know how expensive they are -- and the replacement cartridges too :eek:

If quarter-turn bib taps aren't available off the shelf, and it seems like they may not be, I'll make do with new washers in the old ones. But I'll keep my eyes open in case there's the possibility of adapting one of the quarter-turn ones to a bib-tap-type mounting, as you suggest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back