Quartz worktops concern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has any experience of quartz worktops in their kitchens?

I was listening to the Reclining Pair podcast the other day, where the host was talking about fitting the kitchen in his newly (self) built extension.

He was saying that quarts has energy holding properties - hence why they use it in watch-making - and how a lot of stories around the paranormal and ghosts start because in some of these old buildings, there's often quartz in the masonry, and when something emotionally high impact happens - say a murder, the quarts will absorb that energy and can release it at a later date.

This got me thinking about our own kitchen project, when we get around to replacing the worktops, is it safe to consider quartz?

Obviously as it comes out of the ground - fine, but do you ever really know that the surfaces you buy are freshly tooled - or - it might be a long shot, but could they be reclaimed from somewhere that's witnessed tragedy.

In a nutshell, we've spent hundreds of pounds and over six months getting the kitchen just how we like it, and don't want to ruin it at the final stage by purchasing haunted worktops.

I know it sounds mad, but it's playing on our minds.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
well you need to use logic here
perhaps 5% will think there is a possibility off ghost /poltergeist/paranormal /other random powers connected to various stones lotions and potions now off the 5% perhaps a small percentage think negative or evil outcomes ------ now i am the sub one percent in the respect off negativity as the tops are expensive the rest off me thinks i am glad i have actual well informed brain cells that exclude manipulation off the daft to make me overly worried about such improbable issues ;) (y)

Cheers. I know we're probably worrying about nothing, but it would be just our luck.

I've been looking at spectrometers on Amazon, and they're more expensive than the worktops. Found a basic one on AliExpres for £6.99 but that would take quite a while to get here, and we're sick of doing our kitchen prep on a pasting table.

how can a random object commonly used in millions off situations over the years cause you such concern
if it was an actual reasonable concern the mainstream media would report it several times every year
i dont use solcial media other than whats app with freinds and family i get zero input from any source -----

i assume you do a search and get other possible unhelpful possibly parinoid input based on your searches further driving you to the realms off fantasy based on the nutty ones with time on there hands ;)

Sponsored Links
He was saying that quarts has energy holding properties - hence why they use it in watch-making
In watchmaking a quartz crystal resonates at a frequency chosen by man, due to current supplied by the battery. It doesn't hold energy; the battery holds energy. When you stop supplying energy, the crystal stops resonating.

The significant step to resolving the problem here would be ceasing to listen to unqualified opinion presented as science.

Please don't watch Fringe

If it worries that much, go for something else, Corian, steel, wood, slate, concrete etc.

Personally I'd stop worrying about it... just realised I've got a quartz island... yikes. o_O :LOL:

Hi.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has any experience of quartz worktops in their kitchens?

I was listening to the Reclining Pair podcast the other day, where the host was talking about fitting the kitchen in his newly (self) built extension.

He was saying that quarts has energy holding properties - hence why they use it in watch-making - and how a lot of stories around the paranormal and ghosts start because in some of these old buildings, there's often quartz in the masonry, and when something emotionally high impact happens - say a murder, the quarts will absorb that energy and can release it at a later date.

This got me thinking about our own kitchen project, when we get around to replacing the worktops, is it safe to consider quartz?

Obviously as it comes out of the ground - fine, but do you ever really know that the surfaces you buy are freshly tooled - or - it might be a long shot, but could they be reclaimed from somewhere that's witnessed tragedy.

In a nutshell, we've spent hundreds of pounds and over six months getting the kitchen just how we like it, and don't want to ruin it at the final stage by purchasing haunted worktops.

Cheers.
Is this a serious post ?

Hi.

Cheers.
Yes you are mad .

I've just been wondering if a quartz worktop in my kitchen will give me COVID because of how near my house is to a 5G mast and Malc at work assures me that it can

If it worries that much, go for something else, Corian, steel, wood, slate, concrete etc.

Personally I'd stop worrying about it... just realised I've got a quartz island... yikes. o_O :LOL:
The wife has seen quartz worktops on one of her Real Housewives programmes and will not be swayed.

I just don't want to fork out a load of money on a decision we'll regret, like we did with the air fryer.

The parish priest is popping round at 2.30, and hopefully reassurances from him combined with the expert advice on here will help us move forward with confidence.

Thanks everyone.

Not sure. He's the labourer, and apparently gets his "gen" from Facebook...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back