Quelle surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is more any idiot would be aware of the propensity for football fans to attempt to gain entry without tickets, after having a few drinks.
Im pleased thst you agree with Bodd, the fans would have made things difficult, possibly contributing to the events that day that lead to terrible tragedy.

Sponsored Links
Heysel.
Place was crumbling. English clubs had previously complained about its state.
Walls so crumbling, fans without tickets kicked through them, to get in.
Both Liverpool and juventus requested the venue be changed.
Uefa refused.
Uefa also put a bay of "neutral" fans next to the Liverpool fans, despite Belgium having a large expat Italian community, who would likely fill that section.

Not absolving the hooligans, but did any of the Uefa hierarchy receive any punishment?
Seems authority (whatever the jurisdiction) is above reproach......

Heysel.
Uefa refused.
Uefa also put a bay of "neutral" fans next to the Liverpool fans, despite Belgium having a large expat Italian community, who would likely fill that section.

Not absolving the hooligans, but did any of the Uefa hierarchy receive any punishment?

There was an old football chant you may remember..

It's all gone Quiet over there. It's all gone Quiet over there. It's all gone Quiet, It's all gone Quiet, It's all gone Quiet over there.

Sponsored Links
Now you are claiming that Bodd was referring to a 9 year old newspaper article, without providing any links to his source? :ROFLMAO:
upload_2018-8-25_9-54-4.png

Get real!

Maybe a lesson also to those who repeatedtly make comments, and claim they heard or read them somewhere but cannot or will not provide inks to their source.

They were not employed to ensure the safety and security of the fans.
What is more any idiot would be aware of the propensity for football fans to attempt to gain entry without tickets, after having a few drinks.
If those people who were employed to ensure the safety and security of the fans, failed in their duties (and they obviously did, and in a reckless manner) they should face the consequences.
Im pleased thst you agree with Bodd, the fans would have made things difficult,
I would agree with anyone who suggested that football fans have a propensity to attempt to gain entry without tickets, after having had a few drinks.
Any fool would know that!
The fools who were supposed to be in control of the situation obviously vastly under-estimated that.
They should face the consequences.

possibly contributing to the events that day that lead to terrible tragedy.
The people that were supposed to be in control of the situation, and the crowd, failed to act responsibly, failed to control the crowd (which they were primarily employed to do) and therefore were responsible for the tragedy.

Heysel.
Uefa refused.

Agreed UEFA should be held partly responsible.
I do not think we are disagreeing about the culpability of the Heysel stadium tragedy.
The discussion about Heysel is about Bodd's reference to "their hooligans".

Now you are claiming that Bodd was referring to a 9 year old newspaper article, without providing any links to his source?

Has this kept you awake all night.
The thread was about the attached link. Clearly fir all to see.
The words below you lied and said where my words. The age of the link has no relivence just your attempt to divert your ignorance

The statement below was from artic Al in the said Belgium magazine
We havent forgotten their hooligans either, responsible for the death of 39 people at Heysel in 1985.

He isnt claiming, its a fact. That was the article linked in the original thread.

I remember it -it was linked, how else would one know which article was being referred to?
Correct. I remember it too.
Which is how I knew what to google for, and which of the results that came up was the one in the original thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back