Quess what happened here then

Sponsored Links
That looks like a rather puny incomming cable.

I guess it over heated and shorted out?

no afraid not, nothing loose or shorted, in fact supply on and everyting working just fine

Sponsored Links
Has it just boiled all the pitch out of the bottom of that old cast iron cutout?

It has got vey hot and the pitch is all bubbled up now so they are gonna upgrade it asap

But something else caused it and it wasnt the head and no it wasnt a fire in the cuboard that caused it

The seals are missing from L2 and L3. Has someone shoved bigger fuses in one or both of the fuse holders?

My first guess was that some numpty connected two phases to the linked out main switch.

By the shape of the plume up the board and the cabinet above it, it looks like you've had an 'eruption' from the bottom, and by the soot on the 2 left hand fuses it's come from under them. As RF has already guess a cable overheat, I guess it's the modern earth clamp at the bottom of it has caused a problem and simply by chance after the eruption, the supply has stayed in and the 'fault' has burned itself dry.

edited to add......Mind you if the clamp has produced a fault from being too tight, after some current flowed, I can't see it being still on the wall :LOL:

By the shape of the plume up the board and the cabinet above it, it looks like you've had an 'eruption' from the bottom, and by the soot on the 2 left hand fuses it's come from under them.

;)

Actually caused by someone using an angle grinder about 2 foot from the board

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back