Question About Electric Paddle Mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After much arduous mixing by hand of sharp sand and cement in a bucket for re-pointing a large slabbed double driveway, and with quite a lot of further re-pointing still to do on paths/patio, I am considering purchasing one of these electric paddle mixers :-

https://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-erb728mix-1600w-electric-paddle-mixer-220-240v/7163r
ERBAUER ERB728MIX 1600W ELECTRIC PADDLE MIXER 220-240V (7163R)

My question is - is this suitable for mixing a dry mix or slightly damp mix of mortar of the kind that is used for pointing ? Or is it only suitable for more wet type mixes ?

Also is it suitable for mixing in a standard sized 3 gallon bucket - or can it only be used for larger containers?

I have only been mixing a small amount of mortar at a time, as it takes me quite a while to point.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Yes it will. I use mine with a 45l Flexi tub to mix bricklaying mortar, which is obviously a bit wetter at the end but starts off dry. I have a cement mixer but I'm to slow to use large batches.
A few tips: buy a decent one and keep the receipt (I went through 2 Aldi mixers very quickly and despite them being sold as suitable for mixing mortar) before buying a 1600w Vitrex, try to find a gear it is happy in, make sure it's running at full speed before you stick it in and after every mix run it in a bucket of water to keep it clean.

Sponsored Links
The cheaper model are very basic, repaired one for our plasterers , on opening found the connection to motor brushes were just wedged in , very flimsy design .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back