question about floor joists

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI ,IM DOING SELF BUILD AND NOW AT FIRST FLOOR JOIST STAGE ,DO I USE TRADITIONAL TIMBER? TJ I BEAMS? OR THE POZI JOIST .IM LOOKING TO HAVE THE QUIETEST FLOOR AS AND END RESULT. PLEASE HELP

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't you have thought about this during the design stage?

(Did you even have a design stage?) :confused:

No architect, building plans or spec?

HI ,IM DOING SELF BUILD AND NOW AT FIRST FLOOR JOIST STAGE ,DO I USE TRADITIONAL TIMBER? TJ I BEAMS? OR THE POZI JOIST .IM LOOKING TO HAVE THE QUIETEST FLOOR AS AND END RESULT. PLEASE HELP

use timber...

If you want a squeaky floor use solid timber, If you want a silent floor use either posi-joist or eco-joist with 22mm chipboard stuck and screwed, and 15mm plasterboard. This spec will also comply with acoustics.
oldun

Duke. Would appear
No
No
No :LOL:

Sponsored Links
IM LOOKING TO HAVE THE QUIETEST FLOOR AS AND END RESULT

Oh the irony of shouting about a quiet floor. :rolleyes:

And I don't really buy into the concept that engineered joists produce a quite floor as the marketing men say - a traditional floor is just as quiet

Depends on the span. You can make timber floors quiet but you must over-engineer them and they must be installed correctly.

TJI or Ecojoist are the best option though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back