Question about topping up a Vokera boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, having just become a homeowner I'm looking to get my head round stuff like this. I have a Vokera Mynute 14e which was apparently serviced in January.

Function was all fine for a couple of weeks after I moved in, but then heating and hot water stopped. The pressure has reduced to zero (it had been a little low before, presumably after not being used for a while)

I downloaded the documents for the boiler and it suggests topping it up, but looking at the pipes and filling loop (pictured and per-installed) I thought maybe some valves were missing. The FAQ here suggests that's fine for the filling loop, but should there not still be one on the heating return?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
The filling loop connects the cold supply to the heating side, to allow the system to be filled/topped up with water as required. You need a small spanner, then carefully turn the spindle on the valve on the vertical pipe. (Should be a plastic handle attached but it's missing in the picture.) You should hear water start to flow as the system refills.

Allow system to fill slowly until pressure gauge read between 1-1.5 (or in the green section), then turn valve off. Pressure will rise during normal operation, nothing to worry about, unless it hits the rad zone. (If this happens then boiling water/steam will discharge via the Pressure Relief Valve to outside.) If this does ever happen or if a continued pressure drop is noticed and system needs constant topping up then there is a fault which would need further investigation.

thanks hugh!

yeah i think there's a follow up question about the condition of the pipes but i didn't want to push my luck on my first post!

Sponsored Links
PRV connection is c5ap too. Would have a difficult job to change the PRV. Not much better if the iso valves were shot and these needed replacing.

This is the kind of job that keeps me busy :)

Fill valve no handle.

Its hard to work out what is the biggest shambles in your installation the pipework or the wiring, that is terrible workmanship Im afraid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back