question on boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys I've been having trouble with my heating for a while basically when the hot waters on the boiler fires up when I use the room control/thermostat it wasn't firing up. My landlord sent round his "plumber" who basically said he's left the boiler constantly in the on position and it will be controlled byy the room stat. So I think ok fine but now ehn I use the stat after a while the flame goe out but the boilers still making noise. Is this normal? Is my heating still going to work? Does it mean its running off the emersion heater?..I went in my loft and didn't see a water tank but my place is a house conversion so I'm not sure maybe downstairs have one and its connected?

Sponsored Links
Make and model no of your boiler?

Can you post some pics of the system?

It sounds as if you have a combi boiler.

All I can say is that you need to get your landlord to sort out any problems.

However, its quite likely the boiler is working correctly and you dont know how it functions.

Tony

Sponsored Links
its an "ideal" not sure on model
That's OK. It clear from the pics that you have a combi boiler and it looks like the Mini model.

Here is the User Guide

Agile's advice is good; it's the landlord's legal duty to keep the heating system in working order.

Inately. But its a good idea if I know roughly how it works so he can't fob me off if something crops up thanks guys

Hope your landlord sends someone out soon as the pressure is looking a bit on the high side ;)

The tennant has probably been fiddling with the filling loop and does not read the FAQ to see how to set and control the pressure.

Tony

No I haven't touched it. Seriously I've fiddled with the room stat and that's all

i have noticed that even if i set the stat to 24 or 25 the flame goes out when it reaches about 21-22. this surely cant be normal?

I gave you a wrong link to the user manual. This is the correct one. You have a Mini C24/C28/C32.

i have noticed that even if i set the stat to 24 or 25 the flame goes out when it reaches about 21-22. this surely cant be normal?
Which stat do you have? (A pic would help.)

If it's an old mechanical type, they do lose their accuracy after a time. Also check that there are three wires connected (not counting a wire to the earth terminal).

The flame goes out when the flow temperature reaches the set valve and the minimum power output is too high.

Almost certainly the boiler output has not been set to match the heating needs and the gas valve is probably not correctly adjusted.

Landlords rarely ( never ) get their boilers properly serviced although many get a Gas Safety cert done but that is NOT a service!

Tony

he coming tonight to change the stat. Some one did come round before but not to service it just to cert its safe. Would changing the stat solve this? It is an electrical stat will try to get a pic

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back