Question on breathable membrane holes...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gents, a quick question.

My house is currently being re-roofed and the (scottish) build up is rafter, sarking boards, breathable membrane, counter battens, tile battens, concrete tiles.

All was going well and the roof was stripped, new membrane put up and counter battens on. Then I noticed pretty much NONE of the counter battens were fixed above the rafters on top of sarkings, to say I'm ****ed off is an understatement. According to them this is perfectly fine (it's not) and they did it because they were pushed for time because of high winds, on Monday they'll be getting told it's not ok, that's not my fault and to fix it.

My question is, I'll now be left with a membrane with quite a few nail holes on it is this now effectively scrap? There's about £360 worth :(

Sponsored Links
The contractors should replace the membrane.

Missing so many rafters would have me question their ability to do a proper job on your roof.,,,wind or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back