Question re damp floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Ex-council house with a concrete floor (red colour? don't know why). In the area of the outside corner the red concrete has been dug up and replaced and re-laid (I'm guessing due to settlement??). This concrete is damp and salty! Any advice about options? I don't know if there's a DPM under the floor and would really like to avoid digging it all up. Can I inject the concrete or just dig that bit up and use a liquid DPM or am I living in the land of fairies?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
sounds like the rest of the floor has a epoxy dpm applied to the top or the mix. You can recoat the area with epoxy dpm to solve the problem.

Thanks for the reply Matt. Is the liquid dpm you can get in Wickes/B & Q good enough or does it need to a more specalist product? Is it just painted on the surface or do I have to dig down and re-lay that part of floor as suggested in your sticky post? I'll be putting carpet down so I don't want to do it wrong.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back