Questions about a Dehumidifier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've recently had a leak in my kitchen, which is above my living room, due to a faulty water filter. The leak is now fixed, but has seeped into the false ceiling between my kitchen and living room and has caused dampness on the walls and ceiling (see image).

The water filter company has accepted full responsibility and will be fixing all the damage caused, but as a first step they have rented THIS dehumidifier on my behalf, which arrived today.

I've plugged it in, placed the discharge pipe in my bathtub and turned it on. However, I wanted to know -

1. How long should I expect to leave it running?
  2. Am I ok to leave my flat to run a few errands while it is running?

Thanks

View media item 107790

Sponsored Links
1. Leave it running until it only extracts a little water. It will always manage to extract some water as air in a home is never completely dry. The time it takes to do its job will depend on how much water is soaked into the fabric of the building.
2. It can be left running day and night (if you can cope with the noise). You need to check it once a day, you don't need to constantly watch it.

1. Leave it running until it only extracts a little water. It will always manage to extract some water as air in a home is never completely dry. The time it takes to do its job will depend on how much water is soaked into the fabric of the building.
2. It can be left running day and night (if you can cope with the noise). You need to check it once a day, you don't need to constantly watch it.

Thanks you! I will keep that in mind.

write down the hours and read the ratings plate as say 350w x24 is 8.4kw at perhaps 24p per kw will be £2 a day to run ok for a week but over that ??

Sponsored Links
In have one in my garage to keep the humidity down, took out 8 litres in 48 hours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back