Questions about Tier 4?

T

teaboyjim

I have to try and get my house finished after Xmas.

1. With tier 4 will construction supply businesses such as Jewsons and Travis Perkins remain open?

2. Are construction workers/builders/tradesman allowed to continue working in Tier 4 areas and do they have to wear masks when they work on site?

3. Can tradesman go and work in normal private homes which have people living in them such as fitting a kitchen etc?

4 Will a tradesman/builder be able to travel legally from the North to come and work in a different part of the country?

5. In Tier 4 locations does this mean I have to wear a mask outside when walking in public spaces?

6. With Tier 4 locations does this mean wearing a mask in all business premises?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I have to try and get my house finished after Xmas.

1. With tier 4 will construction supply businesses such as Jewsons and Travis Perkins remain open during Tier 4?
Probably yes.
2. Are construction workers/builders/tradesman all allowed to continue working in Tier 4 areas and do they have to wear masks when they work on site?
No change, if you're indoors then I'd say a mask is reasonable, unless you're completely on your oen.
3. Can tradesman go and work in normal private homes which have people living in them such as fitting a kitchen, doing electrics etc or will they not be allowed to do this?
No change, yes.
4 Will a tradesman/builder be able to travel legally from the North to come and work with me on my house here in Suffolk?
Travelling for work that can't be done remotely, so yes, allowed. Not automatically a good idea but allowed.
5. In Tier 4 locations does this mean I have to wear a mask outside when walking in public spaces outdoors?
No

6. With Tier 4 locations does this mean wearing a mask in all business premises? I'm fairly certain the answer is yes because we're doing that anyway already in Tier 2
Yes as a punter, although employees don't have to if their bosses have taken other protective measures.

Thanks for the replies

Sponsored Links
think they will catch it out in fresh air.

Infection by droplet / aerosol is far less likely to happen in fresh air than inside a building but it can still happen. If social distancing is not maintained in the open air then transmission from an un-masked person to a person standing nearby is possible.

Infection by droplet / aerosol is far less likely to happen in fresh air than inside a building but it can still happen. If social distancing is not maintained in the open air then transmission from an un-masked person to a person standing nearby is possible.
With this new variant which they say is up to 70% more easily transmissible we'll have to be more careful

We moved from Tier 2 to Tier 4 today and my boss was supposed to be getting married at lunch time. Don't know if it went ahead as the rues state only in exceptional circumstances such as one of them being terminally ill or about to undergo a medical procedure that may have life changing consequences.

Pretty sure he will still be a single man when we return to work on the 4th.

Tier 4 seems to be almost the same as the original lockdown in March/April

Sponsored Links
Back